Basic Training Subject in General
- Safely use arc welding equipment
- Produce finished welded joints to an acceptable standard
- Learn and practice welding in a safe working environment
- Select correct welding equipment settings
- Recognize and select correct welding consumables
- Recognize weld associated faults and make suitable corrections where applicable
On The Job Training
- We provide on the job training to sharpen their skill by the attending OJT.
- We expect the trainee able to know about real situation and the field and learn to adapt with the real job.
- Safe setting up of arc welding machine including electrical settings and polarity
- Striking of arc and deposition of weld material in FLAT, HORIZONTAL, VERTICAL, and OVERHEAD position.
- Making simple joints in these positions as appropriate
- “T” Fillet, Open Vee Butt, Close Square Butt, Lap weld
- With and without edge preparations as appropriate
- Using RUTILE, IRON POWDER and LOW HYDROGEN electrodes
- Recognizing Simple weld faults
- Simple Testing completed weld joints
- Basic safety during welding
- Basic rule attitude for welder
- Instruction in the safe and correct use of the equipment
- Identifying and selecting the correct type of welding rods for the process
- Understanding the requirements of current setting, rate of travel and arc length
- Understanding welding position